To encourage and promote the development and advancement of all women in general, and Hispanic women in particular. Hispanic Women In Leadership (HWIL) is a service organization committed to promoting the advancement of Hispanics and women in the areas of education, professional interaction, leadership training, mentorship and the perpetuation of the Hispanic culture. In addition, the Hispanic Women In Leadership organization shall strive to provide a forum for addressing issues affecting the Hispanic community.
Hispanic Women in Leadership was chartered in June 1988, soon after a pioneering group of Hispanic women in Houston successfully produced the first Hispanic Women’s Conference. Membership has grown from 20 founding members to today’s figure of over 400 professional women and men who are committed to advocating Hispanic women’s issues and to improving the quality of life for Hispanic women.
We want to thank our 2015-2016 Executive Board (Officers, Board of Directors and Advisory Board) for their dedication to Hispanic Women In Leadership throughout their tenure.
Join us in welcoming our newly elected 2016-2017 Officers and Directors.
- Sally Morin, President
- Michele R. Fraga, Vice President
- Alba Hernandez, Treasurer
- Mayra Luna, Secretary
- Jesse Rodriguez, Parliamentarian
Board of Directors:
- Jo Aragon
- Diana Barrero Burgos
- Lupe De Leon
- Linda Garcia
- Cecy Davila Ramirez
- Amber Rangel
- Patricia Limón de Rodríguez
- Rachel Salts
- Mary Almendarez, Advisory Board Member
Co-Founder / Past President
- Gloria Alvarez, Advisory Board Member
- Patricia Cabrera, Advisory Board Member
- M. Helen Cavazos, Advisory Board Member
- Mary Champion Closner, Advisory Board Member
- Margarita J. Dunlap, Advisory Board Member
- Rita A. Lopez, Advisory Board Chair
Immediate Past President
- Celia Vara Valles, Advisory Board Member
If you are interested in serving on a committee or becoming an Officer or Director, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.