The purpose of Hispanic Women in Leadership is to empower the advancement of women.
• Promoting the advancement in the areas of education and health.
• Professional development in leadership and mentor-ship.
• Preservation of the Hispanic culture by providing a forum to address issues affecting our community.
Hispanic Women in Leadership launched in June of 1988, and a group of pioneers formed the first groundbreaking event in March of 1989. Today, we continue to evolve and expand with 400 (+) professionals committed to empowering women.
As a nonprofit organization, HWIL’s fundraisers includes, but not limited to: an annual golf tournament, community projects, networking events, trainings and workshops to raise scholarships for students in high school, community college and university. We are determined to educate future Hispanic leaders!
Please join us to inspire the next generation to become outstanding, and productive members of society who give back to their community. For additional information, please visit our message board regarding current activities and future events in the Greater Houston Area.
• Promoting advocacy, education and social services through trainings and workshops
• Professional development in leadership and mentor-ship
• Preservation of the Hispanic culture by providing a forum to address issues affecting our community
• Develop a network of women for professional interaction and mutual support
• Identify and provide successful career-oriented role models for women
• Encourage corporations to support the leadership development and career advancement of women in the workforce
• Foster leadership potential
• Provide training and skill development
• Select key projects to improve the quality of life in our communities
Our ten-year strategic goals (2013-2023) are:
• Optimize Our Organization - Increase the power and visibility of our work by utilizing our strategic advantage of being a nonprofit, providing workshops and seminars to create a world that is just and equitable for women and the next generation
• Develop our monetary assets and increase grant-making
• Impact and capacity building within our communities